DealerOn is a young and fast-growing full service online marketing company that provides websites to automotive dealerships across North America and Canada. We are leading our market by providing car dealers with the best online marketing arsenal and access to skilled content specialists to optimize their digital presence. DealerOn is a PROFITABLE company that has been named to the Inc. 5000 fastest growing companies 6 years in a row and counting. We recently passed the 200 employee mark, but throughout our growth, have still managed to maintain the tight knit company culture that helped to get us where we are today. Technology is front and center in our company, but it's the people here who are the core of our business. We pride ourselves on making coming to work not only challenging, but also enjoyable. To learn more, please visit: www.dealeron.com
It's about the people
We are a rapidly growing, PROFITABLE company that has been named to the Inc 5000 fastest growing companies 3 years in a row and counting. In early 2015 we passed the 150 employee mark, but throughout our growth, have still managed to maintain the tight knit company culture that helped to get us where we are today. Technology is front and center in our company, but it's the people here who are the core of our business. We pride ourselves on making coming to work not only challenging, but also enjoyable. We have frequent company gatherings where we like to kick back and relax with one another after a long day or week of work. As you can see in the photo above we have 4K TV, xbox 360, Ping Pong, Darts, an Arcade and a Pool Table for our team to use in our office suite.
Why you should join DealerOn
The Projects - With rapid growth comes a rapid increase in the volume of projects that are coming across the Development Team's desk on a daily basis. We have a wide variety of software development tasks ranging from small bugs and improvements to full scale architecture redesigns, and everything in between. Throughout all new development work it is imperative we maintain and improve performance, which means sub-second page loads with real time inventory and real time analytics.
The Environment - This is a great place to learn and grow because our technology and company is extremely unique. We are actively driven by requirements of our customers and by our own desire to develop a sustainable solution that will scale as DealerOn grows and position us as a top industry leader. Additionally, we strive to create a development environment that pairs experienced senior engineers with junior developers so that this is as much a place of learning as it is a place of business.
- This position works on site and will be responsible for spinning up a new metrics-driven product for internal and external facing customers
- We are looking for a self-starter who will be required to design, develop, and document the new systems.
- Strong communication skills required
- Be an active and proactive contributor of code and creativity. This is a demanding and challenging software engineering position!
- Work with other developers and internal customers to define requirements, do technical analysis, generate implementation and integration plans for new projects, and execute.
- Bring new insights to the team and find ways to implement them that improve the overall efficiency and technical offering of our product and our development process.
- Passionate about programming
- Interested in the advancements of technology
- Understanding of Object Oriented Programming
- Appreciation of the value of the importance of user experience at all points of interaction with the software
- Experience working in groups of varying sizes as well as accomplishing individual work
- A Code Test will be completed as part of the hiring process. The code test must be coded in C# or Java
- From 6 - 10 years of software engineering experience
- Leadership skills/some management experience
- Experience with BigQuery or other data analytics is preferred
- NET background, particularly in large web-based and service-oriented applications
- Experience building software from the ground up and all phases of the SDLC successfully: based on client satisfaction and software performance, stability, scalability, and extensibility.
- Big query experience a plus
- Experience designing and developing event-driven applications or frameworks
- Website farm running on .NET 4.6 with blend of VB and C# (refactoring toward C#), NHibernate, Redis caching, SQL Server, Microsoft ARR front-end cache and routing
- Homebrew CMS in ASP 3.0. To be replaced by next-generation service-oriented .NET MVC, Razor, Angular.JS, WebAPI, jQuery, HTML5, and either SASS or Stylus CSS framework
- Distributed, parallel inventory import and export systems. Can integrate with almost anything CSV/API based, updates in real-time! C# 4.5, Parallels library
- Enterprise-level analytics engine powered by Google Analytics API integration, C# 4.5, Automotive-specific metrics at any tier for any customer
- Git distributed source control, TeamCity build & deploy, BitBucket, and JIRA
Why choose DealerOn?
- A fantastic place to learn. In light of record growth, a fantastic place to grow.
- A top-down and bottom-up desire to use the best tools for the job
- Highly competitive benefits package, including 401k plan with company match
- Top of the line built computers, dual monitors, and high-end accessories
- When you need to give your brain a break we have Ping Pong, Darts, an Arcade and a Pool Table available.
- Monthly Development Team retrospective with pizza
- Recruiters please don't contact this job poster.
- Do Not contact us with unsolicited services or offers. Thanks.
Note to Applicants:
- Preference will be given to applicants that include a cover letter explaining their interest and fit with the company and position.
- All Applicants must be authorized to work in the United States without Sponsorship.
- Local Candidates Only, no relocation assistance provided.
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer and do not discriminate against any employee or applicant for employment because of race, color, sex, age, national origin, religion, sexual orientation, gender identity, status as a veteran, and basis of disability or any other federal, state or local protected class.