DealerOn is a full service online marketing company that provides websites to automotive dealerships across North America. Think "WordPress for Car Dealers", then throw in huge systems for inventory management, online collateral design, marketing analytics and you've just scratched the surface of our product offerings.
It's about the people
We are a rapidly growing, PROFITABLE company that has been named to the Inc 5000 fastest growing companies 3 years in a row and counting. In early 2015 we passed the 150 employee mark, but throughout our growth, have still managed to maintain the tight knit company culture that helped to get us where we are today. Technology is front and center in our company, but it's the people here who are the core of our business. We pride ourselves on making coming to work not only challenging, but also enjoyable. We have frequent company gatherings where we like to kick back and relax with one another after a long day or week of work. As you can see in the photo above we have 4K TV, Xbox 360, Ping Pong, Darts, an Arcade and a Pool Table for our team to use in our office suite.
Why you should join DealerOn
The Projects - With rapid growth comes a rapid increase in the volume of projects that are coming across the Development Team's desk on a daily basis. We have a wide variety of software development tasks ranging from small bugs and improvements to full scale architecture redesigns, and everything in between. Throughout all new development work it is imperative we maintain and improve performance, which means sub-second page loads with real time inventory and real time analytics.
The Environment - This is a great place to learn and grow because our technology and company is extremely unique. We are actively driven by requirements of our customers and by our own desire to develop a sustainable solution that will scale as DealerOn grows and position us as a top industry leader. Additionally, we strive to create a development environment that pairs experienced senior engineers with junior developers so that this is as much a place of learning as it is a place of business.
- Run Software Product Roadmap. Including Product and Feature definition and development
- Assist in the development of detailed functional requirements and user flows for features
- Work with User Experience Designers and Engineers to refine experiences and update the requirements based on design and usability testing.
- Keep documentation current- including confluence and Jira pages for internal stakeholders and specification documents and resource sharing sites (Basecamp) for external vendors
- Talking to customers to understand and articulate end-user problems that we are uniquely positioned to solve
- Developing and testing hypotheses for new features - creating wireframes, writing user stories, and working with cross-functional teams of designers, developers, product managers, and customer-facing roles to vet, build, and ship
- Maintaining the product backlog to ensure designers and developers always have clear acceptance criteria for upcoming work
- Triaging and prioritizing bug reports and new feature requests that come in from current + potential customers, partners, and stakeholders
- Communicating priorities and deadlines to team members and users; helping QA testers proactively plan for new feature releases
- Participating in all product team meetings, including daily standups, sprint kickoffs, retrospectives, and planning sessions
The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required.
- 1-3 years of experience in Software Product Management including working with Agile teams (Jira, Balsamiq, Github, etc.)
- Committed, self-starter, problem solver, proactive, and resourceful
- Very high attention to detail, with an ability to test and verify functionality and fixes to defects
- Strong time management and organizational skills
- Creative and independent thinking in product design and definition
- Ability to prioritize requests to the benefit of our company and our clients
- Ability to work autonomously while still functioning in a team environment
- Ability to communicate effectively and efficiently
- Ability to see the bigger picture and identify areas of opportunity and risk
Nice to have:
- Background in technical writing
- Previous experience with coding
- Experience with JIRA and MS Project
Oral Communication: Speaks clearly and persuasively in positive or negative situations; listens and gets clarification; responds well to questions; demonstrates group presentation skills; participates in meetings.
Why choose DealerOn?
- A fantastic place to learn. In light of record growth, a fantastic place to grow.
- A top-down and bottom-up desire to use the best tools for the job
- Highly competitive benefits package, including 401k plan with company match
- Top of the line built computers, dual monitors, and high-end accessories
- When you need to give your brain a break we have Ping Pong, Darts, an Arcade and a Pool Table available.
- Monthly Development Team retrospective with pizza
- Recruiters please don't contact this job poster.
- Do Not contact us with unsolicited resumes, services or offers. Thanks.
Note to Applicants:
- Preference will be given to applicants that include a cover letter explaining their interest and fit with the company and position.
- All Applicants must be authorized to work in the United States Without Sponsorship.
- Local Candidates Only, no relocation assistance provided for this position.