We are a young and fast-growing online marketing company, which provides website services to automotive dealerships across North America and Canada. We help our customers sell more cars and provide them with an amazingly remarkable experience. We have been recognized on the Inc. 5000 list of fastest growing companies six years in a row and counting. Technology is front and center in our company, but it's the people here who are the core of our business. We pride ourselves on making coming to work not only challenging, but also enjoyable
The Art Director will be responsible for collaborating with the design team to explore and develop new ideas, solutions, and template designs. Additional responsibilities include interviewing hiring, planning, assigning, and supervising work; appraising performance and resolving problems. This is a manager-level position, located at headquarters in Rockville, MD.
- Become a subject matter expert on major DealerOn systems and be able to leverage that knowledge to find creative ways to expand our systems and products as they relate to design.
- Act as a Project Manager for large design projects related to new product development, platform upgrades, etc.
- Act as point of escalation for complex design tasks and inter/intra-departmental issues.
- Assess new/updated OEM guidelines to prioritize and identify possible template/style changes.
- Act as a liaison between the design department and other departments.
- Recruit talent as necessary to support in department changes and growth.
- Ensure an efficient training program is in place and that the training requirements have been completed by all team members.
- Ensure the team is consistently meeting service level agreements (SLAs).
- Accountable for ensuring employee performance is in line with company standards, responsible for delivering performance evaluations and handling conversations in regards to annual increases.
- Managing the progressive discipline process with approval from upper management/human resources and in accordance with company policy.
- Handle PTO requests and ensures timely completion of timesheets.
- Extensive experience with Adobe Creative Suite, especially Photoshop and Illustrator.
- Demonstrable graphic design skills with a strong portfolio
- Excellent foundation of design fundamentals and typography
- 5+ years of experience in web design, including responsive web design
- Minimum 1 year experience in supervisory role.
- Knowledge of the latest trends in design and front-end website development (Bootstrap, HTML5, CSS3, responsive design)
- Fundamental HTML/CSS skills (applicants should be able to hand-code, we do not use WordPress, PHP).
- Bachelor’s Degree of Fine Arts, Media Arts, Interaction Design or equivalent education and experience.
- Attention to Detail
- Use of Technology
Perks and Benefits:
Aside from the awesome people you will get to interact with on a daily basis, we offer a number of benefits, including:
- Medical, dental and vision insurance
- Company matched 401K plan
- Paid time off
- On-site and off-site company events
- Casual Attire
- Fun workstations
- State of the art technology
- Free Parking
- Collaborative work environment
All applicants must include a link to a portfolio, cover letter stating why you feel you would be a good fit for DealerOn as well as a resume.
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer.