DealerOn is a young and fast-growing full service online marketing company that provides websites to automotive dealerships across North America and Canada. We are leading our market by providing car dealers with the best online marketing arsenal and access to skilled content specialists to optimize their digital presence. DealerOn is a PROFITABLE company that has been named to the Inc. 5000 fastest growing companies 6 years in a row and counting. We recently passed the 200 employee mark, but throughout our growth, have still managed to maintain the tight knit company culture that helped to get us where we are today. Technology is front and center in our company, but it's the people here who are the core of our business. We pride ourselves on making coming to work not only challenging, but also enjoyable. To learn more, please visit: www.dealeron.com
Why you should join DealerOn
With rapid growth comes a rapid increase in the volume of projects that are coming across the technical teams’ desks daily. We have a wide variety of technical tasks ranging from small projects and improvements to full scale architecture redesigns, and everything in between.
This is a great place to learn and grow because our technology and company are extremely unique. We are actively driven by requirements of our customers and by our own desire to develop a sustainable solution that will scale as DealerOn grows and position us as a top industry leader.
- Be an active and proactive contributor to the team. This is a demanding and challenging position and will require a self-starter and motivated individual.
- Work with others to do technical analysis, generate implementation and integration plans for new projects, and execute.
- Interface closely with our IT/DEV department, continuously monitor the status of our systems, and respond to issues in a timely manner.
- Develop automation and processes for our technology teams to better deploy, manage, configure, scale and monitor our applications.
- Actively participate in high level team activities such as suggesting architecture improvements, recommending process improvements, and conducting tool evaluations.
- Works closely with DevOps and Development teams to meet daily / bi-weekly targets
- 2+ years of dedicated professional experience relevant to the Job Duties above, and interest in the advancements of technology
- Work with the DevOps and Development teams to ensure all solutions are scale-able, robust, logically thought-out
- Background in Configuration of IIS web servers and proxy-based routing (Varnish / Nginx).
- Ability to troubleshoot issues ranging from system resources to application stack traces
- Professional experience with version control systems such as Git, and deployment tools such as TeamCity
- Professional experience in PowerShell, Bash, and other scripting languages
- Solid experience with SQL,
- Ability to excel both in group-work, and individually
- Knowledge of Windows based systems including hardware, software and .NET applications
- Understanding of web services testing (Soap UI, WCF)
- Experience with Linux environments (RHEL and Debian-based), Redis, and Nginx
- Experience with basic Virtualization concepts and VMWare architecture.
- Solid understanding of Basic SQL, Agile Scrum methodology, Kanban, Scrumban etc.
- Experience testing large web-based and service-oriented applications
- Experience with/solid understanding of continuous integration/deployment concepts
- Understanding of performance testing
- Website farm running on .NET with blend of VB and C# (refactoring toward C#), NHibernate, Redis caching, SQL Server, varnish based CDN cache and Nginx routing.
- Co-located data center running SSD-front-end SAN and VMware Hosts (ESX v5.5).
- Mix of Windows 2008/2012 and Linux (90% RHEL/CentOS, 10% Debian-based) servers.
- Homebrew CMS in ASP 3.0. To be replaced by next-generation service-oriented .NET MVC, Razor, Angular.JS, WebAPI, jQuery, HTML5, and either SASS or Stylus CSS framework
- Enterprise-level analytics engine powered by Google Analytics API integration, C# 4.5, Automotive-specific metrics at any tier for any customer
- Git distributed source control, TeamCity build & deploy, BitBucket, GitHub and JIRA
Why choose DealerOn?
- A fantastic place to learn. In light of record growth, a fantastic place to grow.
- A top-down and bottom-up desire to use the best tools for the job
- Highly competitive benefits package, including 401k plan with company match
- Top of the line built computers, dual monitors, and high-end accessories
- When you need to give your brain a break we have Ping Pong, Darts, an Arcade, Xbox360, 4k TV, WII and a Pool Table available.
Note to Applicants:
- Preference will be given to Applicants that include a cover letter explaining their interest and fit with the company and position.
- All Applicants must be authorized to work in the United States without Sponsorship.
- Local Candidates Only. Or indicate that No Relocation Assistance is Necessary.
Note to Agencies and Staffing Firms:
- Principals only. Recruiters, please don't contact this job poster.
- Do Not contact us with unsolicited services, offers or resumes. Thanks.
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer and do not discriminate against any employee or applicant for employment because of race, color, sex, age, national origin, religion, sexual orientation, gender identity, status as a veteran, and basis of disability or any other federal, state or local protected class.