We are a young and fast-growing online marketing company, which provides website services to automotive dealerships across North America and Canada. We help our customers sell more cars and provide them with an amazingly remarkable experience. We have been recognized on the Inc. 5000 list of fastest growing companies six years in a row and counting. Technology is front and center in our company, but it's the people here who are the core of our business. We pride ourselves on making coming to work not only challenging, but also enjoyable.
Why you should join DealerOn
The Projects - With rapid growth comes a rapid increase in the volume of projects that are coming across the Development Team's desk on a daily basis. We have a wide variety of software development tasks ranging from small bugs and improvements to full scale architecture redesigns, and everything in between. Throughout all new development work it is imperative we maintain and improve performance, which means sub-second page loads with real time inventory and real time analytics.
The Environment - This is a great place to learn and grow because our technology and company is extremely unique. We are actively driven by requirements of our customers and by our own desire to develop a sustainable solution that will scale as DealerOn grows and position us as a top industry leader. Additionally, we strive to create a development environment that pairs experienced senior engineers with junior developers so that this is as much a place of learning as it is a place of business.
We are looking for a self-starter who will be responsible for leading the requirement to design, develop, and document new systems. This position will be responsible for the spinning up of new metrics-driven product for internal and external facing customers. This role reports to the Director of Operations and is located in our headquarter in Rockville, Maryland.
- Manages an agile web application development team of seven developers and one business analyst through daily scrums and biweekly retrospectives.
- Works with other developers and internal customers to define requirements, do technical analysis, generate implementation and integration plans for new projects, and execute.
- Brings new insights to the Development Department and find ways to implement them that improve the overall efficiency and technical offering of our product and our development process.
- In charge of reviewing and monitoring tickets via JIRA to insure quality control and identifying if team members need additional assistance.
- Ensures employee performance is in line with company standards, delivers performance evaluations and follows the progressive discipline process in accordance with company policy.
- Participates in interviewing and hiring new employees within the department.
- Ensures an efficient training program is in place and that the training requirements have been completed by all team members.
- Handles employees' time cards approvals.
- Prepares reports for management regarding status of Department.
- From 1 - 2 years experience leading a software engineer team who are passionate about programming.
- Interested in the advancements of technology.
- Strong communication skills.
- Appreciates the value and importance of user experience at all points of interaction with the software.
- Experience leading groups of software engineers of varying sizes as well as interacting with HR concerning the hiring process and any performance issues.
- Background particularly in large web-based and service-oriented applications.
- Experience leading building software from the ground up and all phases of the SDLC successfully: based on client satisfaction and software performance, stability, scalability, and extensibility.
- Experience designing and developing event-driven applications or frameworks.
- Distributed, multi-tenant web platform built with ASP.net using SQL server, Redis, Elasticsearch, Fastly, and NGINX.
- Custom Content Management System using ASP, being replaced with ASP.NET core, React, and Vue.
- Event sourced distributed inventory import system using AWS, RabbitMQ, React, and SignalR.
- Team uses Git, Bitbucket, TeamCity, Octopus Deploy, and JIRA.
Why choose DealerOn?
- A fantastic place to learn. In light of record company growth, a fantastic place for personal grow.
- A top-down and bottom-up desire to use the best tools for the job.
- Highly competitive benefits package, including 401k plan with company match.
- Top of the line built computers, dual monitors, and high-end accessories.
- When you need to give your brain a break we have Ping Pong, Darts, an Arcade and a Pool Table available.
- Monthly Development Team retrospective with pizza.
- Recruiters please don't contact this job poster.
- Do Not contact us with unsolicited services or offers. Thanks.
Note to Applicants:
- Preference will be given to applicants that include a cover letter explaining their interest and fit with the company and position.
- All Applicants must be authorized to work in the United States without Sponsorship.
- Local Candidates Only. Or indicate that No Relocation Assistance is Necessary.
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer.